Overview: The Program Coordinator-Uganda will work hand in hand with the Country Manager to ensure the smooth running of operations in Uganda and growth of the Sinapis Programs.
Reporting to: Uganda Country Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Term: Full Time 2-year renewable contract with 6-month probationary period
Working Hours: 5 days a week, 9am-5pm with occasional evening and weekend work
Compensation: To be discussed
With our ambitious growth and expansion plans, we require additional help particularly in the area of Programs Management within the Uganda Sinapis Office and with associated stakeholders.
• Monitoring program results to ensure that objectives are being met.
• Conducting research on specific issues and studies related to Sinapis’s mission
• Managing databases of Uganda entrepreneurs, volunteers, suppliers and other stakeholders
• Coordinating administrative tasks such as performing customer care duties such as answering queries over phone and email.
• Maintaining office calendars and sending out reminders of impending appointments.
• Attending and scheduling meetings, appointments as well as documenting and distributing meeting minutes and compiling reports.
• Engage in activities to build pipeline for potential students and follow up with leads via emails, texts, and phone calls.
• Coordinating all post program offerings and events such as alumni events, coaching and Fast Track Accelerator activities.
• Finance reconciliation for the Uganda office and with guidance from the Country manager and East Africa Finance Lead.
• Filling of documents and maintaining proper records for the all documentation.
• Supervises the Program Assistants and Interns on general Office Management-includes managing visitors, keeping the office neat and organized, overseeing the budget for routine or special events.
• Developing marketing materials such as brochures, pamphlets, or newsletters to promote the organization’s mission and services to potential partners.
• Running miscellaneous errands for the office such as parcel pick-ups, distributing flyers, newsletters, and brochures.
• Events Management-making reservations for off-site business meetings, trainings and any planned workshops.
• Act as a liaison between different departments within and without Sinapis.
• Manages logistics to ensure smooth running of the Academy courses, including ensuring appropriate venue is set up, curriculum manuals are printed and delivered to the venue in good time, course attendees are communicated with and payments are received in due course.
• Updating attendance for students in Sales force and ensuring trainers are scheduled in advance to train each session.
While this list comprises the main day-to-day activities of the Program Associate, you may be required to complete other tasks not mentioned above but within the scope of program administration.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES
• Bachelors or graduate degree in business administration/ Accounting, Economics, Social Sciences from a University preferably with business course work.
• Minimum of 2-years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively to assist in special event planning and marketing
• Extremely positive attitude and displays high emotional intelligence
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Word, Excel and Power Point
• Demonstrates proactivity, problem solving, creativity and organization
• Ability to thrive and deliver results as required with little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including personnel in both written and verbal communication with people of all types
• Ability to manage multiple work streams at once
• Extremely positive attitude and friendly disposition
• Energetic, hardworking and willingness to tackle any task required/assignment, regardless of whether it is outside the direct job description
• A heart and passion for Sinapis’ mission of empowering Kingdom entrepreneurs
• You are a follower of Christ who maintains a healthy relationship with Jesus as evidenced by (but not limited to) prayer, devotional reading of Scripture and spiritual discipline
• You are detail-oriented and can plan for and manage effective follow-up with minimal supervision
• You are humble, patient and have a teachable spirit and can work independently
Position Start Date and Term: 8th July 2022.
Location: The Associate will be required to work from the Sinapis Kampala office.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING
Please send us a well-formatted and written cover letter along with your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
The subject line of the email should read, “Program Associate (Uganda) – Last Name, First Name”
Sinapis is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students/beneficiaries and the successful applicant will be required to provide a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Uganda Interpol.
Please send us a well-formatted and written cover letter along with your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please note that submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
The subject line of the email should read, “Team Leader – Last Name, First Name”
Sinapis is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students/beneficiaries and the successful applicant will be required to provide a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.